Monday, May 12, 2014

Currently...

So I know we're almost in the middle of May, but I just started blogging, which means I just learned how to join a "Linky Party." Farley at Oh Boy, Fourth Grade, started a super cute, monthly linky party called "Currently," that I absolutely LOVE; I'll be linking up with her party starting today. Here we go...May's Currently!


LISTENING: I've been thinking a lot lately about a lot of things...God, my life, my career, my purpose, my dreams, etc. I like to think because it brings about reflection, which in turn brings about change. I guess I'm just at a point in my life right now where I'm trying to learn how to "block out all the noise" and "be still" so I can hear God's voice.

LOVING: I LOVE to write. It's how I best express myself...and how I escape from reality sometimes.

THINKING: This is only my sixth year teaching. I don't believe I'm a bad teacher, but I want to be a better teacher each year than I was the year before. I don't plan on staying in the classroom forever, but for now that is where God has stationed me, and although I get frustrated and tired sometimes, I have always been told "Whatever you're doing, be the best at it that you can be." I'm going to take plenty of professional developments, become better organized, and do some professional reading this summer to accomplish my goal.

WANTING: One day you'll see my name in big, bold letters on a children's book...Trivies N. Robinson...and next to it, a beautiful, shiny Coretta Scott King Award....

NEEDING: Last summer I went on my first cruise and I loved it! I've been ready to leave the country again ever since! I don't even care where as long as it's sunny, safe, and has blue water...ahhhh, yes!

SURPRISE: Blogging is SUPER fun, but it is also a challenge to get started if you're a first timer. Megan at I Teach, What's Your Super Power has done an AWESOME job of making things easier for new bloggers! She has taken the time to create starter videos and she does blog designs. Thanks so much Megan! 

Now do two things: 

1. Visit Farley to see what else is "currently" happening!
2. Hop on over and visit Megan to see how great she is!
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?
Nicki

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower! May you have a great end to your school year!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you via Farley's link up. Congrats on starting your blog! Writing is such a stress reliever. Also, I checked out the blog you recommended- it's awesome! (:

    Melissa
    seebeanteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicki! I enjoyed reading your new blog! I agree that God always has a purpose in mind when he places us in situations in our lives. Sometimes I find it difficult to be still and listen to learn why I am there.

    I am also a writer. I wish you success in that field. ☺

    I understand the wish to be a better teacher. I’ve been teaching since 1998, and I’ve grown quite a bit as a teacher over the years. Sometimes it’s really difficult to teach the way I believe is best for the students, though.

    Where did you go on your cruise? I’ve always wanted to take a cruise to Alaska, but I have a feeling that’s not where you went! :D

    Thanks for the heads-up about Megan’s blog. I’m always looking for new tutorials. I’ll check out her site next. ☺

    Have a wonderful week!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete