Friday, May 9, 2014

Yay...I'm Blogging!

I am super excited about blogging and connecting with other educators! Isn't the internet just the best thing ever?! Well, it and the DVR! 

Although our profession is becoming way more demanding and stressful than I could have ever anticipated, I still enjoy professional developments, I still can't sleep the night before the first day of school, and I'm creating a blog about teaching right before summer break...I'm pretty sure all of that means I'm still in love with my craft. 

I discovered blogging last summer right before school started. Yes, I know...a terrible time to become an obsessed blogger. I had heard a lot about it though, and I love to write, so I decided to check it out. I went from blog to blog, reading stories, looking at pictures, watching videos, bookmarking ideas, etc. I was inspired to start a blog of my own, so...here I am!

For leisure this summer I plan to continue developing my blog, work on writing a children's book, and relax with my close friends and family. Professionally, I will be attending professional developments and reading the following:

 Reading Essentials by Regie Routman             Why Didn't I Learn This in College?

Both books have really good reviews, so I can't wait to dive in! 

Have a great weekend,
Nicki

No comments: